January 24, 2008

CAN I GET AN "AMEN"?**

**For all my Catholic friends out there, THIS is great!!

It's nice to be wanted. Two Fridays ago I was moving my "stuff" from my old cubicle to a new one on another floor in the same building. I had been transferred to another project since the one I was working on had ended. This morning I, along with the other government employees from the old project were summoned to the CO's office. There our fates were rehashed, and I was reassigned to a different project, so I will probably spend tomorrow and possibly Monday moving to still another cubicle, this time in a different building. Actually, it will be the same building that Linda works in, but on a different floor.

Well, it's tomorrow now, and I'm not moving yet. I did run into the CO today who reiterated that I was headed to the DIMHRS program. The new group will meet with him on Tuesday, then we will find out where our new "homes" actually will be (what floor in the building). I'm actually looking forward to this new assignment. It offers some exciting challenges and has at least a small opportunity for advancement.

Linda and I went to dinner with Fr. John on Wednesday. He is doing well, but looks tired. I suspect a good bit of his problem is stress related. Linda and I are discussing the possibility of requesting a transfer to his parish to help him out, at least temporarily.

Dinner at Byblos last weekend was great, by the way. It was really great to be able to spend time with P&J (Major Dad and DLG). The food was, as always, excellent! In all the times we've gone there we've almost never had to wait for a table, and this time was no exception.

Prayers for Big J and Janet that their trip home from NC is quiet and uneventful.

Looking forward to Ash Wednesday. The parades will be over and I might get to see my daughter and grandkids again!!

I don't know who to pull for in the Super Bowl. It would be nice to see New England pull off a perfect season, but it would also be nice to see Eli Manning win the big game the year after his big brother won it! Plus, I grew up in New York, so I'm sort of obligated to root for the Giants. I guess I'll feel pretty good no matter who wins.

Gotta go. It's my preaching weekend and I've got a homily to prepare!! As DIL2 would say, "Peace out, Boy Scout!!"

5 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Loved the link!!! I want to go to his Church (or maybe not!). #3 under Church was hilarious!

Louisiana Rose said...

That just happens to be the church I was Baptised and First Communioned in! My older sister too!

Louisiana Rose said...

That would be the Church of the blogger, not the church of the original comment!

Deacon Dean said...

How about #4? I didn't know that you could haggle about penances, either!!

Hannah said...

I had to look up detraction! I'm going to Hell for stuff I don't even know about!! Was a great link, enjoyed it very much.