March 2, 2008

JUST A SHORT UPDATE

Well, I made it back from Huntsville Friday night around 7PM. It was a nice drive, with just a smidge of rain at the onset, but mostly sunny and warm for most of the trip. The car averaged a nice 28mpg at 75mph.

The class I attended was really quite good. I'm looking forward to trying to apply the lessons to my work here in New Orleans. Then, I'm off again for another class, again in Huntsville, in late April. Linda is planning on going with me this time, which will make it a more pleasant trip over all.

This Friday we head to Dallas to attend the wedding of our nephew and his fiancé, Kristen. They are SUCH a CUTE couple!! It's almost scary! Just kidding, T&K, really... or, am I? Only the Shadow knows...

Big news! Big News! BIG NEWS!! H1/DIL1 are househunting! Not only that, but they've put a bid down on a house they found that they both fell in love with. I saw some pictures, and it looks like a great buy for them. We're really excited and hope it all works out quickly and smoothly. GOOD LUCK!!

2 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

We'll miss you on Friday while we're having our SHRIMP BOIL!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe shrimp but definately CRAWFISH!!! Enjoy Texas with its bad seafood!!!!