June 27, 2008

GOD SPEED, MR. BRAIN

Our very close friend Brian lost his battle with cancer yesterday. He was an amazing person, full of life and love and wisdom. We shared many good times with his family over the years we've been in New Orleans. He and his wife were two of the first people we met when we became parishioners of Holy Name of Mary. The children at HNM school loved to hear his lectures on dinosaurs that he gave every year. He was a young man, cut down so abruptly! I will always remember fondly our Saturday bicycle rides around the city for exercise that always ended with cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe DuMonde. We will miss him.

Please join me in praying for his wife and family during this difficult time. May God rest his soul.

1 comment:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I love the title of your post, that is always how I think of him!!! I'm glad at least one of my kids got to hear his lecture at HNM. He will be missed - he was a really great guy.