July 15, 2008

IS IT BAD TO BE GOOD, OR GOOD TO BE BAD?

I admit it. I've been bad. It's been 8 days since I last blogged. My humblest apologies to those few friends out there who actually frequent LOT(L).

But, I've been good. Which is actually why I've been bad. I've been trying to keep up with my schoolwork, complete reading assignments on time and it has paid off. Today I realized that I got an "A" for my first class!

I'm now into my second week of "Philosophy for Theologians" which is an attempt to introduce me to Thomism (the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas). So far it's an interesting class, although a struggle to grasp all the terms and concepts involved right at the beginning. Things like "being" and "real" versus "mental" and metaphor versus analogy, and intrinsic unity vs extrinsic unity, act or action, existence and essence, just to name a few.

Sunday was the baptism of two babies, cousins, children of two of H2's former schoolmates and close friends. It was very nice, child # 3 for one family, and # 1 for the other. Congrats to the families and to the newly baptized!!

Yesterday niece and nephew, K-leen and Brian, arrived for a visit. Mainly to visit Ian who, by the way, turns 15 this week! For his birthday Ian wants the whole family to go to the movies as a group, probably to see "Hellboy II". It's been getting great reviews since it opened last weekend.

Our Ugandan priest friend, Fr. Deo, arrived from New York. He's doing some mission appeals in Baton Rouge, but spending time in New Orleans, where he attended seminary. He's currently working on his PhD in Rome, Italy. It's always good to see him!

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but I can't think of anything else, so I guess I'll just post this, and if anything comes up I'll add it later.

Take care, all. I hope Big J and RB are enjoying their retirement!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats on the A!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the excellent school work! For the record, I am thoroughly enjoying retirement. I strongly recommend it for everyone.

Big J

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Yay for A's!!!! Welcome to the cousins and Fr. Deo!