July 28, 2008

YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION

It was an interesting weekend. We've begun to study "time" and "space" in my Philosophy class. Very thought provoking. If the universe was created by the "Big Bang", then prior to that instant there was nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Pure nothing. Try to wrap your head around THAT for awhile! Then, out of NOTHING, comes everything. Why? How? To what end? Makes my head spin just thinking about it!

I bought a GPS yesterday. The TomTom 920. H2 had researched and ordered one for me for Father's Day, but had opted for the air compressor instead. So, to recognize all his hard work on my behalf, not to mention that I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now, I bit the bullet and bought one.

I'm not sure that was the smartest thing to do on my part. Of course I figure that in order to learn how to use it properly, I should use it. Right? Ummmm... maybe? This morning I entered in my work address and off we went. Merrily. Until it occurred to me that I had entered the wrong address. So now the GPS is constantly telling me to "make a U-turn" every quarter mile or so, and I can't get it to "SHUT UP"! The traffic lights, wouldn't you know, all change to green before I get there so I'm not being given any stops to try and figure the thing out. Finally I just turn it off. It turned itself back on again!! What kind of evil, devilish magical cursed thingy did H2 get me into?

Speaking of H2, a couple of weeks ago he tells me he met a guy in the store that knows me from work. Can't remember his name, but the guy said I'd know him as "Boo". Nope. Don't know anyone by "Boo". Ask around work, no one else knows anyone that goes by "Boo". So a week or so later H2 comes home and says he met another guy that knows me from work. "Did you get his name?", I ask. He says, "No. But he drives a Lincoln pickup truck." Great. I think I saw one awhile back, but since he told me that I haven't seen it again, don't know who drives one, and neither does anyone else I've asked. He's driving me CRAZY!!!

Prayers for KenEllie as they try to begin a family. Prayers for H1/DIL1 as they recover from a week with Ian and a weekend with MD,DLG and family. Prayers for MD, DLG and family as they recover from a weekend with H1/DIL1. Prayers for ... Are you getting the picture? Lets keep everyone in our prayers, ok? God is GOOD, but every now and then He likes to know that we're thinking about Him.

Take care, everyone. Live and love today as if it may be your last. You never know. God bless!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Don't feel bad, I flip out on our GPS every time I use it. It IS evil and it IS out to get us.

Lost that is.

Missu!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

GPS - nice!!! I got a cordless mouse (pink of course) this weekend. Must be Herrick technology weekend!