August 4, 2008

I ADMIT IT, MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS WARPED!!

If you've been following the last few entries or so of this "journal", you'll know that I am pursuing an advanced degree in Theology. You also know that we (me and my classmates) are studying Thomistic Metaphysics.

As mentioned in those previous posts, I've been struggling with the concept of essence/existence, act/potency, etc., and we got onto a discussion of the "Big Bang" theory, and how it fits into the whole idea of the orderliness of the universe, and a Supreme Being. Now, maybe it's my 21 year Navy background, and maybe I'm going to "H-E-double toothpicks" for this, but I saw a cartoon on the Web that "explained the 'Big Bang' theory" which really cracked me up. Of course I can't find it again, but basically it was a drawing of Michaelangelo's Creation of Adam, but just a closeup of God with his hand outstretched and his index finger pointed out. The caption said, "Gabriel, pull my finger." I'm sorry, but I found that funny! Maybe I shouldn't think so hard in this class I'm taking!?!?

A large chunk of the family went to see "The Dark Knight" this past Saturday night. If you're a Batman fan, this is a MUST SEE! I was a bit skeptical about all the accolades that were being heaped upon the late Heath Ledger, I thought it was mostly in sympathy for his untimely death. However, having seen the movie, the reviews are right on! Ledger was amazing as the Joker!

H2 went for an interview today! He must have done OK, since he's still there, had a lie detector test done, was fingerprinted, and is waiting for drug testing.

DLG's and Major Dad's 16th wedding anniversary was last Friday. It's hard to believe that 16 years has passed so quickly. Until you look at Ian, who's really growing into a fine young man. At 15 he's already much taller than his mom. Of course, it probably won't be all that long before BB is taller than her mom, too, and she's only seven!!

As I close this entry, I'd like to ask for prayers of support for all the parishioners (former?) of St. Julien Eymard Parish, which held its final Mass yesterday, and is now officially closed. Pray for open and welcoming hearts for the parishioners of Holy Name of Mary as we look ahead to the union of our two families into one.

3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

"pull my finger" hehehe.. IMHO, God loves jokes!

Hannah said...

Haha, I agree. I think God loves funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey, HE invented the "Heineken Guy" from Katrina. After seeing him, you know God appreciates good humor!!