PLEASE, LORD, NOT AGAIN!!!
While I certainly wish no ill for anyone else, I wouldn't object if Gustav decided to take a decidedly Western turn and head on over to Texas. Maybe it could make for a relatively unpopulated section of the Texas coastline. That would really be nice.
If Gustav continues on its present course, we will probably head on to Houston for a few days, giving us some quality time with H1/DIL1. That's a plus. The minus will be packing up the birds (3) and the dog and carrying them along. Makes a hotel/motel room pretty small when you add all that. Still, it's hopefully for only two - three days.
If the storm doesn't get beyond a Cat 3, we may just remain in NOLA. We'll have to see. I think where we live we're pretty safe wrt winds and flooding. The houses are close together which offers wind protection, and Katrina already took care of our sycamores, so they are no longer an issue. I just hope our Cleveland pear trees survive!
H2 is still waiting for word from NOPD regarding his application. I think he'll make a great cop. I hope they agree!
Another plus would be if my Saturday class on Eucharistic Theology gets postponed. That would be really great. It's hard trying to prepare for a storm, a possible evacuation, all the other little things that being a deacon entails (marriage prep, EM/Lector training) AND do the readings for class, too!! ( I know, "whine, whine, whine").
A-a-a-a-anyway... If you aren't from the New Orleans area, please keep those of us who are in your prayers. If you are from NOLA, please be safe, whether you stay or go.