Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

October 13, 2008


Here's kind of how last week went.

Monday - Worked all day, hosted a dinner for Bishop Charles, Fr. Deo and Fr. Andrew as well as four seminarians, all from Tororo Diocese in Uganda. It was a nice evening,with H2 and H2GF, DLG and kids, and even KenEllie popped in for a few to say hello.

Tuesday - Took the day off to read and work on the presentation. Worked on it, outside of meals, until about 10PM.

Wednesday - Worked all day, then a quick dinner before heading out to do an interview of a couple interested in getting into the next diaconate class. Got home late and instead of working on the presentation as I should have, I went to bed.

Thursday - Worked half the day, then spent the afternoon having a stress test done. Don't know why, I'm not under any stress! Later that evening L and I did a wedding rehearsal. After the rehearsal we declined the rehearsal dinner (sorry, Sweetie) so I could come home and work on the presentation again, until 11PM.

Friday - Spent the morning between the dentist's office (Thanks to Major Dad for recommending him) and the place that made the bridge that was being put in. Then on to work for the rest of the day. Finally home for a quick dinner, then off to the wedding which, although I didnt' do the nuptials, I did participate in my capacity as a deacon. Following that we skipped the reception (sorry again, Sweetie) and right back to work on the presentation. At 1AM I finally put the presentation to bed, and began on the take home essay question that was due. At 2AM I went to bed.

Saturday - Went to class. My presentation was scheduled for 3-4PM. At 4PM, when I had still NOT given the presentation, my professor asked if I would mind waiting until the next class to give it, as he wanted the last hour for his own presentation. After some grumbling on my part, I acquiesced and said 'OK'. So now I have to wait 4 weeks until I can get this thing over with!!

That was the week that was!!

While I was in class, Linda got a call from Fr. John. Seems he got his new assignment and will not be staying at St. Stephen's, so now I have to take back my request for a transfer to St. Stephen's Church, since I was going only to assist him.

We also learned who our new pastor would be at Holy Name of Mary. Since I don't know the man, we'll have to wait and see.

Many, MANY thanks to H1/DIL1 who surprised me with the gift of a tablet computer which I've been wanting since I started back at Our Lady of Holy Cross College last summer. It's an HP (of course) and it's pretty awesome!! Years ago I developed a dislike of HP computers (desktops, specifically) but this has really changed my mind!

I've been watching the stock market woes, and praying for all my retired or nearing retirement friends in the hopes that this doesn't impact them terribly.

I guess that about wraps it up for now. Take care and God bless!!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Blogger Stalker v1.5 said...

So you're bored?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home