**UPDATE** - 3 YEAR'S LATER
Major Dad has to remain to work the prison and anything that might come up as far as moving prisoners, protecting property, etc. Don't know when/if he'll be able to get out. It was about 10 days after Katrina before he was able to leave.
** Ellie's parents are also remaining behind. They work at a local hospital and have been called in to work the hurricane. Please keep them in your prayers as they stay in the line of fire, and as they worry about KenEllie who evacuated without them.**
DLG, Ian, BB, Molly and Kittens are in Orlando with Mags and Patrick.
KenEllie are in Mississippi with Ellie's brother, but will most likely head to Georgia to stay with her other brother and his family.
Linda is in Virginia for a wedding (yesterday).
I am in Houston with H2 and H2GF, Maynard, Gumbo, Evil Greenbird (Precious?!?) and Craig-er. For the a dog and 3 birds. H2/H2GF are staying with H1/DIL1 and I am staying in the guest apartment in the same complex.
My group left NOLA at about 12:30 yesterday afternoon. It took us 8 hours to get to within 60 miles of Houston. It took FOUR HOURS to go the last 60 miles!! My heart goes out to those who are only evacuating today!
So, bottom line, we're all safe at this point. We're praying especially for Jerrod's safety and we're hoping to have homes to return to in a couple of days!! Please join me in praying for the safety of so many who had to be bussed out of the city, and those who, perhaps foolishly, decided to remain and ride out the storm.
My prayers go out to all of you. Take care, and God bless!!