February 22, 2009

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!


It's that time again!! M-A-R-D-I G-R-A-S!!! Today is "Bacchus Sunday" and we're about ready to head off to Napolean Avenue for our marathon day of parade watching! The whole family (and many friends) stake out a spot along Napolean Ave early in the morning and that's where we stay as, throughout the day and into the night, three parades pass by. It's become an annual family tradion of sorts.

It's great having H1/DIL1 back in town. Yesterday Linda, H1/DIL1 and I went to The Court of Two Sisters for a nice Jazz Brunch. We were seated in the courtyard with birds flitting about, a waterfountain a few feet away, and the jazz quartet was in the corner playing softly in the corner. The food was delicious and the company was fabulous!!

Speaking of company, H2GF's family was not able to come to Mardi Gras because of some health concerns, so we are praying that everything is ok with them. Please keep her family, especially her mom, in your prayers.

H2 is working, working, working. The police academy puts all the students out in the street during Mardi Gras which is good for experience, and extra $$ too. H2 is working 12 hour days every day. Hopefully it will make the time go by just a little bit faster for him. We're all looking forward to his graduation ceremony on May 15th.

I've been overwhelmed of late as far as school is concerned. I finally contacted my professor to drop one of the classes I'm signed up for this semester. Both classes are being taught by the same prof. After some discussion he talked me into staying the course, but cut me some slack on the due date for one of the research papers that is required. So we'll see if I made the right decision or not. For anyone intersted, my two major papers are The Ecclesiology of Alexsei Khomiakov and The Trinitarian Theology of Pope John Paul II. I hope to learn much from this experience, especially the paper on Khomiakov. He's a 19th Century Russion (I'll bet you already guessed that) Orthodox theologian.

Well, parades aren't waiting on me, so I guess I'll wrap up and head out. Take care, God Bless, and Laissez Le Bon Temps Roullez!!!

No comments: