Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

March 10, 2009


Just a quick update to keep the wolves at bay...

Still struggling under the workload for my two classes at OLHCC. Saturday was Ecclesiology, for which I had to prepare research notes from two sources, a preliminary outline of the paper, a take home essay, blackboard Q&A, an expository presentation on "The Catholicity of the Catholic Church" by Karl Adam, as well as prepare slides for our group expository presentation that is due this coming Saturday in Trinity/Eschatology. Whew!! Then Yesterday I realized that I had missed a deadline for the blackboard questions for the Trinity/Eschatology class. Ouch!

Friday evening Linda had a bridal shower, then we both had a wedding rehearsal which we thought was at 6PM, followed by Stations of the Cross at 6:30. Turns out the rehearsal was rescheduled for 7PM, following stations, so we didnt' get done until 8:30, almost 9PM!!

Saturday was class, all day, as usual. Although interesting, my presentation was the last thing on the schedule, so naturally I obsessed over THAT all day! I gotta learn to lighten up! After class I had to hurry home to get to the 7 PM wedding. At 7 noone had shown up but the priest and the music minister and many guests. No groom, no bride, no altar servers... Finally at 7:10 one altar server showed up and said the wedding was at 7:30. Another change of plan that we didn't get... Anyway, the wedding got started almost on time, and it, too, finished up at 9 PM. By then Linda and I were pretty much starving, as we hadn't eaten since 11:30, so we decided to go out to IHOP, knowing that they were open late.

Let me tell you, we go to IHOP fairly often, at least once a month, sometimes twice. Being the creature of habit that I am, I always get the same thing, a "country omelette" add mushrooms, a cup of coffee, and a large milk to go with the food. Always. I've gotta tell you, Saturday night I got the absolute BEST meal at any IHOP I've been to in the last couple of years, at least. Bar none!! It was delicious, hot, fresh, quick, just great!! Then, to top it off, KenEllie dropped in to chat while Linda and I finished up. It was a nice ending to a hectic two days.

Tim and Kristen returned from their cruise on Sunday morning, which was also their first wedding anniversary. We picked them up, went with them and KenEllie to Mass at the Center of Jesus the Lord, then on to Central American Restaurant for a FEAST!! Wonderful food. Following that, KenEllie had to get over to her parents to help them with some painting, so we took T & K on a tour of New Orleans, highlighting the left over ravages of Katrina. From there, a stop at Cafe du Monde for beignets, then we dropped them off at the airport for their flight home.

Most of the day Sunday I was feeling a bit under the weather. It worsened overnight, so I stayed home from work yesterday and today. Since I'm beginning to feel almost human again, I decided to update the blog.

So now you know what's been happening with us for the past week or so. Stay tuned. Life just keeps on keeping on!!

Take care and God bless!!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Blogger Stalker v1.5 said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. I know one thing you are not though and that's bored!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Wow - you HAVE been busy!!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home