Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

July 18, 2009


* cause I can't think of a title.

I've been REALLY bad about blogging, I know. I finished my last paper for what might be my last class and I seem to have just kind of shut down. Relief!! After some much needed respite I have to begin preparing for the comprehensive exams, which is the last step. If successful I will have my Masters in Theology. So... you want fries with that?

H2 got pulled over yesterday on Carrollton Ave in his new truck with its newly "limo" tinted windows. The cop told him he had pulled him over because he couldn't see a license plate (he has a temporary plate taped to the inside of the back window) and that his tint was too dark. H2 told him that he had ordered it (the tint) that way. When asked for his license and registration he pulled out his wallet with his badge on it and made sure that it was visible. Upon seeing the badge the cop asked him if he was NOPD, to which he replied, "Yes". Then the cop asked him what district he was assigned. After he answered, the copy said, "have a good day." And that was that. Must be nice!!

A very Happy Birthday to Ian. We went over to MD/DLG's for dinner. It was awesome! Burgers, spicy dogs and sausages, corn on the cob, and cous cous. Delish! For desert was a doberge cake with candles that kept relighting. That was good for a lot of chuckles as Ian, BB and Molly all tried to blow them out! There was chocolate/vanilla ice cream to go with the cake. It was good to see Dan, and Rich and Michelle again.

Linda was in San Diego for a class the week before last. She arrived home on Friday at just about the middle of rush hour, so we took advantage of the traffic to meet up with KenEllie in Kenner for dinner at Olive Garden. It was a nice welcome home for Linda, I think. That Wednesday I had met KenEllie and Ellie's mom and dad at Mo's for pizza. Her folks are great and we don't get to see them often enough!

This past week Linda and I went to Fujihana for sushi. Whenever we go now the manager always comes by several times to greet us and to see if everything is all right, and some of the wait staff stop by to chat, even though they aren't our server that evening. Do you think we eat there too often?

That's about it for tonight. Got to get some beauty sleep. Take care and God bless!

Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Blogger Stalker v1.5 said...

Sounds like we miss all the fun. :( for us but :) for you'all!!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home