August 13, 2009

KUDOS GALORE!!!

I guess I must face up to the fact that I belong to a most amazing family!

My daughter, who authors a most interesting blog, is also an avid reader. As such, she has started a new blog, Book Addict, at which she reviews books as she finishes. Both blogs are, thanks to DIL1, visually attractive and, coupled with DLG's flair for writing, lots of fun to read. Give them a look!!

My younger sister (actually ALL my sisters are younger), Sara, is going to a women's motorcycle convention in Denver, CO. She is riding her motorcycle from Pennsylvania to Denver, then from Denver to Dallas, to New Orleans, and finally back to PA! What an adventure! I wish I could join her for the whole trip, but at least I'm trying to meet up with her in Dallas to ride back to NOLA.

My sis-in-law in Orlando, who started her program long, LONG, after I did, will be getting her Masters Degree in Nursing this December!! Way to GO, Mags!!

My nephew, David, is in the middle (actually just passed middle) of a bicycle ride across the U.S. to raise money and awareness for the fight to totally eradicate polio! He started in Owego, NY, and is biking all the way to Huntington Beach, CA. You can follow his progress at The Polio Ride '09. He is up to day 22, I think. If you are so inclined, you can also make a donation HERE.

Everywhere I turn my children, my siblings, my nieces and nephews, my in-laws, they are an inspiration to me! I am so proud, and at the same time, humble, to be related to them!

2 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Yeah, we're a pretty awesome family!!

Hannah said...

We totally RULE and RAWK. No doubt.

In all seriousness I have shared this thought over the last week and am inspired, proud and swollen with jealous over the fam's adventures.

We aint dead, none of us, STAND and do something. Anything!