August 4, 2009

REALITY BYTES

By now you have probably seen the video of the wedding "procession" wherein the entire wedding party dances, whirls and gyrates to the front of the church. I was initially somewhat taken aback when I first saw it. Then I thought, "well, maybe because I am a fairly frequent 'officiant' at weddings I'm a little more easily, well, shocked is probably too strong a word, but my reaction was less than favorable." This by Red Cardigan at And Sometimes Tea puts it into a much better perspective than I ever could. I hope I can remember what she says the first time a bride-to-be confronts me with plans to dance down the aisle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person in the world who has not seen this wedding dance? Where does one go to view this?....Taunt Margaret

Deacon Dean said...

Ask your kids. They'll know!