September 22, 2009

SPIRITUALLY REFRESHED!

What a week! Went on retreat to the Lumen Christi retreat center in Shriever, Louisiana, in the Diocese of Houma/Thibodaux... It was excellent!! It was a couples' retreat for deacons of both the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the Diocese of Houma/Thibodaux, and their wives. Since two dioceses were represented we had two retreat directors, Bishop Sam Jacobs of Houma/Thibodaux and Bishop Shelton Fabre of New Orleans. It was definitely a spiritually fulfilling weekend. Apparently the weekend was so well received that it will be an annual event beginning next year!

Little Molly-Moo is THREE!! Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday, Molly!!!

One of my boys has become a casualty of the recession. His job was "down-sized" away on Friday. Rumors had it going away in December, but the ax fell much sooner. Please pray that he will be able to find employment quickly!

Although we aren't getting rain the likes of what Georgia is experiencing, we're getting enough to make it difficult to ride on a regular basis. What a drag!! I'm in desperate need of wind in my hair and bugs in my teeth!OK... wind in the hair of my beard, anyway!

And oh, how 'bout them Saints?!?!?! Looking pretty good, so far!

Big J, I've been getting your emails and lovin' 'em! Enjoying all your photos on facebook, as well! Keep on enjoying that retirement! It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!

Take care, everyone and God bless!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am not sure why it disturbs me so but that pic gives me nightmares. haha

Anonymous said...

Triple D...I will continue to send you homily ideas as they come to me...just make sure you don't give me credit!

R/

Big J