October 12, 2009

AN EXCELLENT WEEKEND

What a great weekend!! Saturday started with a picnic in City Park. Linda and I were invited to an "engagement picnic" for Stephanie and Shane, a couple getting married next June. I've been asked to perform the wedding! Later we went over to MD/DLG's for dinner. Major Dad barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, eggplant, mushrooms and made an awesome pasta salad. Then we watched as Florida brought it to LSU in Death Valley. At least LSU hung in there and kept the game respectable!

Sunday we went to Mass, which is always great! Then KenEllie stopped by for a short visit. At 4 we were at the Omni Royal Orleans hotel for a very nice dinner with the Archdiocese of New Orleans diaconate community (deacons, wives, candidates and wives, and aspirants and wives) to meet and welcome our new archbishop, Greg Aymond. He is from New Orleans, but spent the past nine years as Bishop of Austin, Tx. Welcome home, Archbishop Aymond!! It was really great to see so many of my brother deacons and their wives!

Today, being Columbus Day, is a fed holiday, so Linda and I are off. Woo-hoo!! Looking forward to a quiet day, with an occasional break from the rain. Happy Columbus Day to all, and sorry, if you have to work today!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I wish I had the day off!! But am not hating on you. Oh no. Not me.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I'm not hating either. Sorry I bailed on you Saturday night!!

James H said...

:(

How can it be a good weekend if LSU lost