November 25, 2009

LET'S TALK TURKEY

As Thanksgiving looms, I find myself reflecting on what I am most thankful for this year.

I am, of course, thankful for my loving wife of 40 years, whose constant faith, love and support are what has brought meaning and purpose into my life.  I am also thankful for four beautiful children.  If anyone has "made us proud", they have!  I am especially grateful that my kids have grown into adults that are (mostly) compassionate, loving, and kind, and who have been blessed with equally wonderful spouses/fiancĂ© for whom I am also thankful.  And the grandkids!  We mustn't forget the grandkids!! What a joyful blessing they are!

I am also thankful for my extended family: brother and brothers-in law, sisters and sisters-in-law and all the (grand)nieces and (grand)nephews.

I'm thankful for the quirky sense of humor that is so prevalent in our family.  We are fun to be around, if I do say so myself!

I'm thankful for friends who are more like family, friends like Bob and Helen, Keith and Chris, Mick and Bev (listed alphabetically by male so as not to show preference), and for friends who have made life so interesting and fun, like Big J and Janet, Young Wade, Dr. Bob... the list goes on and on.

I'm thankful for the many "men of God" who have been influential in my life in so many ways: Fr. John Licari (RIP), Fr. Seiler, Fr. John Arnone, Fr. Deo, Fr. Godfrey, Fr. Daniel, Fr. Andrew... again the list goes on and on!

I'm thankful for my faith, for a God who is willing to look beyond my many faults and failings and allow me to serve Him and His Church.  It is to Him that I pray constantly for a return of unity and harmony within our family.  To Him be Honor, Power, and Glory, now and forever!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

We love you and miss you both this Thanksgiving. We are trying Grandpa Smith's dressing. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Triple D! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. We are going out to dinner tonight. Hopefully the snow will hold off long enough for us to get back home.

Your friend,

Big J