November 4, 2010

THIS AND THAT

I am, at some point, going to get my life back and will start posting regularly again.  In the interim...  went to New Orleans Food & Spirits for lunch today.  It was a real treat, as we don't go there anymore since starting the diet.  Couldn't help thinking back to the days when Young Wade, Little Lori, Dr. Bob, Big J and I would go there at least once a week!  Good times... good times... sigh... 

A quick shout-out and congrats to DIL1 for getting a promotion at her workplace.  It's nice to be rewarded for being a hard-working and dedicated employee.  You deserve it!!

Thanksgiving is bearing down on us, and it looks to be an especially good one this year (even without the awesome election results).  Looks like H2W's parents are coming, and her mom indicates that she wants to do all the cooking!  AND, hopefully SIL-O and family will be coming, as well.  What a treat it will be to see everyone again!!

More exciting news!  S2, and possibly S3, will be coming for Mardi Gras!!  Not only that, but my brother is considering coming, too, which would be totally rad (trying not to say "awesome" so much, but it would be awesome!)!!  The door is open to any others that would like to make it an event.  Maybe T&K from the big D-town?  Hoping that H1/DIL1 will make it in.  Trying to give lots of notice so that plans can be made.

That's all I've got for now.  Take care and God bless!!

2 comments:

BigJ said...

I was sitting here thinking about how good a Big Easy Burger would taste and you had to mention NOFS! I probably won't get any sleep tonight!

Hannah said...

Awhh, thanks for the pat on me back. I smiled when I accepted but I wasn't smiling today. haha Soon, just not yet.