September 22, 2012

NY Trip - Part One

The trip was SO fantastic that it's taken me three months to recover!!  Or, I've just been too busy (read lazy) to stop and blog.

We gathered the girls, packed the truck, and headed out Friday, the 8th of June.  The plan was to drive about halfway, and spend the night, then drive on Saturday to Harrisburg, PA, where we would spend the night with my biker sister, Sara.

The weather was beautiful, and the girls were absolutely wonderful for the entire trip!  I have to admit a little trepidation about taking a 5 year old on such a long trip, but she and her sister were excellent travelers, as it turned out.

Molly got a bit of a geography lesson as we recited the states we had been in each time we crossed the border into another state.  I was surprised at how many state lines we crossed.  I guess I should have looked on a map before starting the trip.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee.  We stopped for the night at a motel in Tennessee.  The girls wanted to go swimming, so Linda and the girls went to the pool area while I went in search of a quick supper.  Mickey D's, of course!!  All was well, until Linda woke me in the middle of the night and said, "Do you hear that?"  I didn't hear anything because my CPAP machine was in the middle of dying.  Once I turned it off, as she opened the door, we could hear a loud, rhythmic sound going on, and on, and on.  Turns out the fire alarm was going off.  No fire, as it turned out, just an alarm.  Guess we won't be staying there on the way back!!

Saturday night we got to Sara's, unpacked a few things, and headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  It figures that we were all starving, so as soon as we got there all the waiters and waitresses stopped what they were doing and did a line dance! I guess it's a regular thing that the TR in NOLA doesn't do.

When we went back to Sara's after dinner it became clear that Linda's cat allergies were flaring up, so a command decision was made and she and I left to spend the night at a nearby motel.

Sunday morning Sara brought the girls over to the motel and we had a delicious breakfast together before hitting the road once again.  After a pretty uneventful ride, we arrived at Bob and Helen's in NY.

More to come...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...how did the truck perform? How was the trip home? Go F-150!