September 21, 2005

GOD IS GOOD!!!

While we were in Algiers two Fridays ago, picking up extra clothes and stuff, we offered the use of our 3 bedroom apartment (currently home to youngest son and 2 roomies) to two NOPD officers. The only stipulation was that when my son and daughter-in-law returned from Houston the apartment would go to them. As it turned out, my son didn't go to Houston, so I finally had to tell the officers that I had to take back the offer. You can imagine how bad I felt as I faced this predicament. So, I left a message on an Algiers blog, stating the facts and asking if anyone could help. Tonight I got a call from someone who owns a 4-bedroom house in Tall Timbers and would be willing to let them stay there!! What a relief! The generosity of people continues to overwhelm me.

Thanks to everyone who continues to pray for the safety and wellbeing of others!!

Dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday night. All is well. Hannah made it here safe, praying for Rita to continue on her way to Texas. I feel a little guilty wishing Rita's devistation on someone else, but at the same time we aren't quite ready for another one. Internet came back up tonight, cable TV yesterday (Jerrod still has neither). Things are starting to look up, and a few stores are opening. This week has been better. Last weeks 6 hour motorcycle ride to drop off a check in Gonzales had worn on me. Hard to make groceries on the bike. Stores have become a 15 minute ride rather than 2 hours. New Orleans is slowly waking up but it is definitely not ready for the amount of people that used to call it home. I am working on a website that I will post very soon, it is full of pictures of the immediate areas. Cleanup has been pretty quick. Just waiting for the family to all get together again but until then we will all survive. God Bless you all, everyone is safe and will continue to be.

Michael