September 18, 2005

A Greeting


Well, it's Sunday, the 18th of September in the year of our Lord 2005. Katrina was three weeks ago. Still seems unreal as images continue to appear on the television day and night. In the aftermath of the storm that left tens of thousands of people homeless I can only thank God that my family is alive and well, and that our property suffered only minor damage and looting. The greatest impact on my life is the separation of family, which, hopefully will be only temporary. Our hearts and prayers go out to those who suffered so much more physically and emotionally and who have lost homes, cars, possessions, and sadly, family members.

Being forced to evacuate finds me with a lot of time on my hands, a lot of time to think about "things", and a lot of time to try and put everything that has happened in the last three weeks into perspective.

As a result, I've decided to start this weblog to chronicle the post-Katrina journey of my family and myself, and to offer others an opportunity to share their experiences as well.

Hopefully this can be a vehicle that provides some outlet, some healing and may create some friendships along the way.

If you've gotten this far, God bless you, as I know that I tend to roam and ramble in my thoughts. I look forward to reading your thoughts, as well, and I wish you all a blessed day today, and everyday!

Deacon Dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dean & Linda,
Thank you so much for sending me the link to your blog. I think of you often, and pray for your family to be back home, and together real soon.
With love,
Karen