February 23, 2006

Why Don't You Stay... Just a Little Bit Longer?

OK. NOW I’m stressed. Today was to be my last day at work in Millington. Tomorrow Linda was going to move into a Holy Spirit parishioners’ house and Saturday I was to be on the road back to Chocolate City. Now it seems that perhaps my services would be better utilized if I were to remain in Millington until the end of the project we are working on, which will be sometime around April 28th or perhaps a little later.

We’ve already told the La Quinta that we’re leaving and we’ve committed to the couple from Holy Spirit. But they thought they were getting one person and two small birds. I REALLY don’t want to have to go to them tomorrow and say, “Oh, by the way, I need a place to stay also, along with my cockatoo and boxer.” Besides, they already have a dog who is pretty old, and Maynard doesn’t know how to not be ultra-playful around other dogs/people.

I just don’t know what to do. Let’s see, where DID I put those ruby slippers? (Actually, the ruby slippers would be Linda’s. I would, of course, wear ruby penny loafers or Doc Marten’s). I could just close my eyes and click my heels and say, “There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home…” And thanks to Katrina, and Mayor Nagin, there really isn’t!

2 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I'm so bummed out...I'm glad you two get more time together, but DAMN!!! I miss you guys!

Hannah said...

OMG, will it ever end, ever stop?!?! I am so sorry but Patti's right, at least you two won't be seperated, you can endure anything as long as you are together!