October 14, 2006

MEA CULPA*

(*church speak for "My Bad!")

Once again I've omitted a key player in one of our outings. FL1 went with us to the Shed last weekend and I left her out of the last post. I hereby publicly apologize to her and promise to never leave her out again (until the next time, probably). FL1 comes to a lot of our family gatherings and really is a part of us. I didn't mean to slight her in any way. I just kind of glaze over after awhile and when you don't proof read you miss things like that.

That's right. You get it all straight from the horse's a_ _ . No editing, no proofing. This is probably not news to anyone who actually reads this blog. You deserve some kind of award for perseverence or something.

KenEllie gave me a book of Church jokes. To help me prepare for my homilies (sermons for the Protestants out there). Maybe, if I start using jokes from the book, maybe they'll come and give a listen now and then.

We've pretty much settled into a post-K routine. Friday evening is dinner with P&J and family, Sundays that Linda goes back to Memphis is Chevy's with P&J and whoever else can make it. One night a week, looks like maybe Mondays, will be movie night with KenEllie. And lunch or dinner with H2 whenever his schedule allows. As you can see, much of what we do revolves around food. Hmmm... maybe that's why I look like I do. Ya THINK?!?!?!?

Halloween weekend is the annual tattoo convention here in town. I've always missed it because it was the same weekend as the Steel Pony motorcycle rally. We enjoyed walking around and admiring the bikes. One year Orange County Choppers was featured, another time Jesse James. And Indian Larry, before he died riding one of his creations. There were always good bands there, too. Charlie Daniels, Big & Rich, and lots of local bands. Good times. Anyway, since Scooter Productions went out of business, there's no more Steel Pony, so maybe this year we'll go to the tattoo convention. Who knows?

In case anyone out there is having Molly Grace withdrawal, here are a couple more pics.



OK. Maybe these weren't actually Molly Grace. Just some of her abnormally extended family. Ever wonder what we do on weekends???...
Here's DIL1 holding Molly. This is another DIL1 personality that recently surfaced. I call it "maternal DIL". Sometimes I wonder if H1 really married Sybil. So many personalities, so little time!! And how about H2 making an already tiny MG look even smaller?



That's it for now. Take care and God bless you! We really do love you all.

2 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Great pics!!! Did you see the write-up on The Shed in yesterday's TP? (nola.com for you Houstonians)

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

The trip to The Shed was the best! I'm so very glad that I was invited for the outing and all is forgiven Mr. H. I truly cherish the time I get to spend with you and the crew.