October 4, 2006

SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE*

(*Molly Grace)

What a great weekend just passed! H1 and DIL1 were like a cool breeze on a hot summer's day as they blew in on Saturday and out again on Sunday. It was really wonderful seeing them again, as they are so rarely here anymore. We had a great time, good food, and it was a real treat to see DIL1 holding Molly Grace, looking like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming 18-wheeler! And... they're coming back this weekend!!! Looks like a ride to the Shed is in the works, finally!

H2 makes an already tiny Molly seem SO small when he holds her! He's working hard right now to get himself in better shape for a future job in law enforcement. He's looking into DEA and ICE, so if you have any hookups, let me know!!

KenEllie stopped by to see Molly and took turns holding her, too. Tonight I went to their apartment for dinner and a movie. DIL2 made spaghetti, Kenny poured wine, and I brought an awesome dessert from Whole Foods Market. After dinner we watched "Heaven Can Wait" with Warren Beatty. I think they enjoyed it almost as much as I did. It's one of my favorite movies.

P&J are beginning to suffer from sleep deprivation, I think. Molly keeps them jumping, for sure. BB and Ian aren't yet quite sure what to make of all the fuss, but I'm sure that they'll soon be as taken with their new sister as we all are.

I got more picks of Kylee and Logan. They, too, are just beautiful! What a trio of future heartbreakers! I hope they will all get to know one another as they grow.

I must put in one more plug for our local columnist, Chris Rose (see side link). His insight into New Orleans' current state is really right on target. If you're at all interested about what's going on lately in the Big (SL)Easy, he's your man.

As I was re-reading what I was posting, I just have to say that I'm TRULY PROUD of Linda and all our kids and their significant others and their kids. We have been blessed with a wonderful family whose members love one another, have (I think) great values and are just fun to be around. A little quirky, maybe. Try gathering with us for a family dinner and see how long it takes for our polite social interaction to take a nose dive into the nearest gutter... But it's all in fun, everyone taking good natured pot shots at everyone else. It's nice to be able to spend time with a large group of family that enjoys each other's company as much as we do.

Linda's home again for two weeks this Friday. Hooray!! I can hardly wait for her to bid fairwell to TN for good (except for an occasional vacation visit, perhaps). It's tme we were together again.

Whoa! I just looked at the time! I'd better close up shop and get some shut-eye. God's blessings to you all. Please pray for more grandchildren for us, better job opportunities for Linda, a swift recovery for New Orleans, the Saints making it to the playoffs, and mostly for the swift return to good health for so many of our friends who are ill and suffering. May their faith remain steadfast as they deal with their health problems.

Take care. We love you. And remember, "Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. " - Mother Theresa.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You want more grandkids? Dang, greedy much? hehe

Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Sorry, I'm all out of grandchildren...It was a great weekend, can't wait to see mom for the next 2 weeks!!!ZZZzzz