November 4, 2006

Potpourri

The bedroom construction continues... no end in sight! The house looks like a war zone, with two rooms of bedroom furniture everywhere. Still hoping for a Tuesday wrap-up, but it's not looking too good at the moment.

H2 is in Houston for the weekend. He, H1 and DIL1 are going to a HUGE bike rally in Galveston this weekend. I wish I could have joined them, but work, as usual, gets in the way. We (KenEllie, Patti and kids, and Linda) all got together for dinner at China Doll and had a very nice time.

Major Dad is almost finished with his AWESOME tattoo!! I will post when I get a good pic of the finished product. It consists of St. Michael and St. Gabriel, with a St. Brigid cross between them, and the bottom is roses (Blessed Virgin Mary). The artist has done a really good job on it, and it looks great.

DIL1's computer took a hit, so H1 bought her a laptop. I hope it arrives soon, so she can update her blog... Looking forward to hearing about the rally.

Linda and I attended the funeral of the wife of a deacon classmate of ours. She has returned home to our Lord and I'm sure is now watching over us. We ask you to join us in praying for the repose of the soul of our friend Hilda.

Work continues to get crazier and crazier. It's the old cliché of "doing more with less" that's almost comical if I wasn't living it. More and more tasks are piled on daily as the government moves to consolidate all it's IT assets, tighten IT security and establish control over the entire Navy's IT environment, yet budgets continue to be cut, and staffing continues to diminish.

More kudos to Big John... He reports that he's still got perfect church attendance. Great work, Janet! Keep him honest!! Prayer warriors, please pray for John's brother who is nearing the end of this part of his life's journey. May the Lord ease his pain and suffering, and bring some measure of peace, comfort and solace to his family.

A quick "HI" to Keith and Chris. Just want you to know that we think of you often, though we don't see each other nearly as often as we should. Hope all is well in Slidell (ooh, ooh, a rhyme...) and let's get together soon, ok?

Well, it's late, so I guess I'd better turn in before Linda comes out looking for me. God's blessings to everyone.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

We sure missed you at the rally. The indians just never have as much fun without their chief.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed tattoo trip #4 with MD ... I bet it's looking really awesome! Yes, it is too bad you couldn't go for perhaps H2 wouldn't be stuck in H-town. I hope he's better soon! Our little hole in the wall is very lonely with him gone TBM doesn't talk much.

How about those Saints kicking some "Suckaneer" hiney!! You know H2 was crying the rest of the day and night after that loss! HaHaHa ... Hehehe!