October 17, 2007

Getting a "Leg Up"

I've been neglectful in keeping you, my friends and family, updated. Here's what's been going on the past week.

Thursday I went back to see the IDD. After looking at the leg, she thought it was less red (a good sign). She sent me for another IV of daptomycin. This time we left the IV in overnight, as I am an extremely difficult "stick".

Friday was more of the same. Dapto IV and IDD looked at leg. Sent me home with strict instructions to stay off the leg and to come back Tuesday.

Since I was following doctor's orders and trying to stay off the leg as much as possible, the weekend went by pretty uneventfully. Saturday morning I missed an Archdiocesan Morning of Spirituality that I had been looking forward to. Basically I spent the weekend trying to catch up on DVR'd programs from the new season and working on a couple of documents for work that I'm way behind on.

Tuesday I returned to the IDD. She was pretty pleased, all in all, with the leg situation. The color was much better, the swelling never really got out of hand, and the wound site from the biopsy is looking good. I go back in 10 days for blood work and another evaluation.

So, bottom line is, next week I will go to work all day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to see how it goes. If no problems, then I will return to work full time the following Monday.

It has been a long process, and I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers. Take care and God bless!

3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Back to work? Yuck!! Glad you're doing better.

Hannah said...

Good to hear good news! Now just keep it that way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Triple D. I was worried.

Big J