October 7, 2007

I WANT TO BE IN THAT NUMBER*

*if the Saints ever get a win!!

Has it really been a whole week since my last blog? I can hardly believe it. It's been pretty hectic, but still...

Work has been kind of a drag. We received a bunch of servers from one of our "sister" commands, 7Klbs+, so much of my 1/2 days at work was spent opening shipping crates, unloading and inventorying computer hardware. So much for making sure I "keep my leg elevated", huh?

I can't believe how many good (so far) TV shows are new this year. Couple that with the faves from last season and there just isn't enough time in an evening to see them all. Enter cable's DVR. So instead of watching what is on, now we try to catch up by watching something recorded from a week or two ago. Couch potato heaven!

The low point of the week was coming down with a cold Monday evening and spending the rest of the week trying to fight it off. Thank heavens for Alka-Seltzer Plus cold medicine! Linda won't touch the stuff, but for me it's a life saver.

Today we had a barbecue to meet and greet the new Ugandan seminarians, as well as the rest who are in the middle of their studies. We had five seminarians, KenEllie and the in-laws, and DLG and the girls over for the "cook-in". Because of the shaky nature of the weather I did the cooking out on the back deck, but we ate indoors. I think everyone had a good time. A particular hit was MD's potato salad. Unfortunately he and Ian were at the Saint's latest debacle, so they missed the gathering. Ellie's mom brought some KILLER flan, so I was pretty much in 7th heaven at dessert time. We also had strawberries and ice cream, which is usually a novelty for the Ugandans, as they don't have strawberries at home.

It's so nice to live in a nice, quiet neighborhood. We have two, not one, but two neighbors wearing ankle bracelets because they are under house arrest. Nice.

We're hoping to go to Houston the first weekend in November. We've not yet been to visit H1/DIL1 so we're pretty excited about it. A few prayers that the trip works out would be nice. Thanks, in advance.

Molly started walking Friday!! She started falling Saturday!! Hopefully walking will increase and falling will decrease quickly. Unfortunately she fell while Mom and sis were at a birthday party for sis's friend. Fortunately sis's friend's dad is an EMT and was able to check out a bloody, crying, but otherwise ok little toddler, so Mom could beat a hasty retreat.

DLG and KenEllie participated in a 5K run/1K walk for breast cancer this morning. Kudos to them! They saw our good friends Keith and Chris there, too.

I guess I'll end with GEAUX TIGERS!! and what happened to our Saints? Ah well, maybe next year! No bags on the head for this fan. The team was there for us last season, we need to be there for them this season!

2 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Had a great time at the BBQ, had a great time at the SGK Breast Cancer walk, pleasantly surprised to see Keith/Chris!!!

Hannah said...

I hope, I hope, I hope you guys can come visit!