October 26, 2007

I'M A FACE WITHOUT A NAME, JUST WALKIN' IN THE RAIN*

*Goin' back to Houston... Houston... Houston

Well, it looks like it's finally over. Monday I return to work full time (Heavy sigh). I now have to wear what I call "old people socks" (support hose) every day. It's supposed to help the circulation in my lower extremeties and keep the swelling in check. Basically they are tight, stretchy knee-highs. I have two black pairs and one beige pair. The beige really fit the "old people" picture in my mind. I only wear them with long pants and a pair of regular socks over them. The black ones are actually not too bad.

This weekend is my duty weekend, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm struggling. The Gospel reading is short, both in length and depth, if you get my meaning. Basically it says, in a nutshell, that there was this Pharisee and this tax collector in the temple praying. The Pharisee is praying, "God, I'm a great guy. I'm not like that piece of doo tax collector over there, so, Thanks!" The tax collector, on the other hand, is praying, "God, please have mercy on me, for I know I'm a sinner and I want to do better". The tax collector goes away justified, while the Pharisee doesn't. The trick now is to put it into an 8 to 10 minute sermon that is interesting, relevant, and motivational. Especially for the youth group at CTK. I should have it nailed down by Monday, for sure!!

Next weekend we're heading to HOUSTON!!! Finally!!! H2, Big Boy and B4 (aka B+B+B+B, aka Big Boy's Beautiful Bride), Linda and I are trekking to Texas! Y-Y-e-s-s-s-s-s! H1/DIL1 won't know what to do with so much company all at once.

KenEllie are in Jacksonville, FL for Ellie's brother's wedding. In the mean time I'm cat sitting for Tinkle-bot. (I know it's really Tinky-bot, but the whole Kenny peeing on the cat story was just TOO funny!) She's lonely already, but at least she's in familiar surroundings. I've been feeding her twice a day, and while I'm there I sit on the couch and she jumps into my lap and kind of curls up/drapes herself over me while I pet her for a few minutes. If Linda ever leaves me I'm getting cats. Indoor cats. Not the outside quasi-feral cats like we have now.

It seems we have another possum in our back yard. Maynard found a baby possum, so I'm guessing there's a momma possum somewhere, too. Great! Just what we need. More critters. If you've ever seen a live possum up close and pissed, you know that they are in no way the cute little cartoon characters you might see on TV. They are ONE UGLY ANIMAL. Kind of like mosquitoes, they make you look to the heavens and say, "God, what WERE you thinking?".

Wishing everyone a most efficacious All Hallow's Eve! And a happy birthday to Major Dad!!! God's blessings!

4 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on! Wish I was going to H-town too!!!

Hannah said...

I am more than excited!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the B-Day wishes. I personally can't wait to see you back on the bike, beard parted down the center, and "old people" socks!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I was going, too! But I did get my motorcycle permit and signed up for my safety course (starts next week) and got approved for a new bike loan...Dean, I am right there with you with the "support hose", but not the beard parted down the middle!!