October 21, 2007

TAKE SOMINEX TONIGHT AND SLEEEEEEP...*

* Or, just read my blog. Same effect.

I frequently click on the link to my daughter's blog, or my daughter-in-law's blog (I'd include the blogs of my oldest and youngest sons here and here but they update even less than I do!!) and occasionally I click on the links to blogs that are listed on my daughter's blog, or my daughter-in-law's blog. In either instance I often wonder why I bother. I find their blogs and those that they link to to be really interesting, witty, and often insightful. I enjoy reading them. When I go back and reread what I've posted it seems so dull.

That being said, read on, if you dare.

When I look back on the last 5 months it seems like I just lost a big chunk of what is left of my life to this stupid infection! We had to cancel what would have been a really great vacation in July. I missed out on Ian's and Bridget's school graduation ceremonies as well as the May Festival. I can't believe how far behind I am at work, even with them allowing me to work from home for several months, I'm still swamped. I've missed some deadlines that will surely impact my performance evaluation. Great!

I've "got the duty", as Big J would say, this weekend. It's my homily weekend so I preach at the three masses at Holy Name of Mary Church. In addition, this month I was asked to be the "guest homilist" at the youth mass at Christ the King Church, which will be this weekend, Sunday evening. I could use some prayer support as I struggle to prepare something interesting and relevant to our youth today.

H2 and I are going to see 30 Days of Night this evening. I'll let you know how it goes. From the trailers it looks pretty creepy.

I do need to post a congrats to Ian who made the Alpha Honor Role at Brother Martin High School. Way to go!!

Also, kudos to LSU, who squeaked by Auburn, and to the Saints, who put a MILD whoopin' on the Dirty Birds of Hot-lanta.

The biggest news is that Louisiana has elected the first governor of our state of Indian (NOT Native American) descent, who is also the first person to win an election outright when no incumbent was running. Congratulations to Bobby Jindal!! We have a lot of hopes riding on you, so good luck!

Also congratulations to my friend, Steve Scalise, who won his race for State Senate by a handy margin. Way to go, Steve. Hoping to see you in the U.S. House soon!! Steve, we need to pursue the license plate issue. I'd really like to get #1 for myself!

I guess that's about it for now. Thanks for tuning in. Until next time, take care and God bless!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Your blog is very insightful and a necessity in a family that is as scattered as we are.

As far as the last few months, well, you never know how strong you are unless you are constantly tested. So far, you pass!! Keep up the good work 'cause we need you!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Yeah, what she said! Seriously, that's what I was gonna say...and didn't you watch Evan Almighty? When you ask for strength, God doesn't give you strength, he gives you the opportunity to be strong!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! what Patti and Hannah said!
I always enjoy your blog. Keep your chin up Mr. H ... there are many of us out here that love you and respect the insight you have!
YOU ROCK!