December 16, 2007

AND AGAIN, THANK YOU!!

It was a good day after all. I woke up with a migraine that kept me immobilized for most of the day. Linda, being the sweet and loving wife that she is, drove all the way to our workplace to get my prescription meds for me. By 3:30PM I felt a little better and went to KenEllie's where they had prepared a WONDERFUL birthday spaghetti dinner. We were joined by H2, DLG, Major Dad and family, and even Miguel. It was a really nice dinner and afternoon with family. H1/DIL1, sorry you missed it... we certainly missed you!!

Yesterday evening little Molly G fell and hit her mouth against DLG's coffee table. Blood everywhere, of course. After a 3 hour trip to the emergency room the question remained as to whether her two front teeth had been knocked back into her gums, or had the gums just swollen to where they covered the teeth. We should find out Monday when DLG takes her to the dentist for a look-see. MG was SO cute today at dinner. You'd never guess anything had happened.

Yesterday evening was also the wedding that I officiated at. The bride and groom were SO in love. She cried during the ceremony and he gently wiped away her tears. I pray that their life together is long and happy.

Yesterday night we also went to our diaconate class annual Christmas party. It was really great to see our old friends once again, but fewer and fewer show up each year. Two have died since ordination in '99. One moved to Georgia, another to Colorado, and another to Washington state. Still, it was good to see those that did show up.

That's all for now. May the peace of Christ be yours during this Christmas season, and throughout the coming year!! And may God's blessings be on you and yours.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Sketties ... YUM!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Am I losing my mind or did I see a cat border on this blog this morning?

Deacon Dean said...

Cat border? No... I don't think so... Or, maybe... Yes? Maybe I'M losing MY mind.