December 21, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I really should be working on my homily for this weekend, but instead I'm adding an entry in LOT(L). I've been home all day trying to fight off what might be another infection, although I have no official verification. A lot of the symptoms from before showed up, but not in as devestating a fashion as in the past. Painful joints, a very mild case of the chills, and a headache that seems to be untouchable by modern medicines. I've started on Bactrim to try and nip it in the bud.

Linda is out at Applebee's with P&J and kids. I'm home with Maynard.

Looks like some movies with real potential for entertainment are opening today: National Treasure:Book of Secrets, P.S. I Love You, Charlie Wilson's War, and Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. They all look like they might be pretty interesting. If I can make it through the first Mass and homily tomorrow evening, maybe a movie night would be a nice treat before the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve and Christmas settles in.

I guess I'd better get back to preparing for tomorrow, but first I want to wish everyone a

Take this Christmas Icon.

This Christmas wish goes out in a special way to Keith and Chris, John and Janet, Richard and June, our many Ugandan friends spread across the globe, and especially my family, both nuclear and extended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...need you back at work next week. The lunch bunch will be mightly thin.

Merry Christmas!

Big J

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I can't believe Big J beat Hannah and me to the comments!!! Sorry you're not feeling well, missed you at dinner.

Hannah said...

Hope you feel better soon. And by soon I mean right now mister!