January 20, 2009

TIME KEEPS ON SLIPPIN', SLIPPIN', SLIPPIN'

B-r-r-r-r!! It's getting cold again! I can't believe I used to live where temperatures got below 0°F! It MIGHT dip to below 32­°F tonight and I'm already mentally piling on the blankets!

H2 seems to be doing well in the police academy. We pray for him daily. I think he has what it takes to make a top-notch police officer.

I begin the first of two spring semester classes this Saturday. If anyone is interested, the classes are Ecclesiology and Trinity and Eschatology. Both classes are being taught by the same professor.

Carnival is just around the corner! We're looking forward to H1/DIL1 (and Russell, can't forget Russell!)coming in for a couple of days. Also, my brother has indicated a desire to return for MG, so we're looking forward to his visit as well. AND, there's a good possibility that H2GF's parents and sister will also come. This could turn into one of the best Carnival seasons ever!!

Linda is getting more involved in Church related activities since the New Year. She plans to join the Catholic Daughters of the Americas, and the Deacons' wives are beginning to form a more tightly knit and active community.

While at lunch today I thought I felt a distinct "tremor in the Force". Probably around the time our new Commander-in-chief took office. I'm praying for the best, but after seeing all the appointments he made

Oops! I started this post three days ago and never got back to it! The temp is back in the mid-70's today (Friday). Not much new since last time... we're mainly just looking forward to Carnival and the family that it brings into town.

Judging from the family blogosphere I'm not the only one in blogger limbo. Hopefully things pick up and I'll be able to keep everyone a bit more informed.

Oh, almost forgot, Kristen (Tim's beautiful bride) has applied for a job and is asking for prayers. Please include her in your intentions, that God will bless her efforts.

That's it for my little update... Take care and God bless!

No comments: