Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

April 4, 2007


Time seems to fly when you’re having fun, or when you are waiting for something you aren’t necessarily looking forward to. While I love Easter, the holy day, I am always nervous about the Easter Vigil, and singing the Exultet. Consequently, Easter seems to be flying toward me like an out of control freight train.

Conversely, like the watched pot that never boils, time seems to crawl when you wait for something you are looking forward to. So April 27th seems SO far away as I wait for Linda’s return.

It’s interesting (at least to me) how I can be caught up in both experiences at the same time.

MMP has a cold. Poor thing! She is normally so cute and cuddly. The worst part of infant colds that I remember from my own kids growing up is having to suck the snot out of their little noses so they could breathe. Yuk!!

I agree with H1. He and DIL1 would look cute with matching vehicles.

While it was nice having DIL1 here last weekend, it will be super when both she and H1 are here for Big Boy’s wedding. Speaking of which, what’s the deal with a tuxedo rental that charges the groom $60 for a “free” complimentary tux? The groomsmen are shelling out ~$170 each, and they’re charging Big Boy another $60?!?!?! For a “free” tux?!?!

I forgot to mention that BB got straight A’s this marking period!! Way to go, BB!! We are SO proud of you!!

Little Bubba (aka I-buddy) is doing a super job, as well. He got all A’s and one B. I’m sure he’ll have straight A’s before the year is out.

Speaking of LB, you gotta love teenagers! H2 and LB met me for dinner at Cuco’s after I attended the CYO Living Stations of the Cross at Christ the King parish. LB was spending the night at our house. During dinner LB made the comment “My curfew is 3am.” When we got home at 9:30PM he made a beeline to the guest room, kicked off his sneakers, grabbed a comforter and flopped down onto the futon. I asked him what he was doing. He answered, “Going to sleep.” I made him get up, helped him put sheets on the futon and had him get undressed before he went to bed. So much for 3AM!!!

It looks like H2 is getting a promotion. He’s leaving loss prevention at the Navy Exchange and is going to be the supervisor of the electronics department there. It’s a perfect match!! He’s such a gadget weenie (like I’m not!!!)!!

I guess I’d better get back to work. Peace and love of Christ to you all!


Blogger LouisianaRose said...

Yes, slow, slow, slow.....

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home