June 16, 2007

HAPPY B'DAY, 2 U... HAPPY B'DAY, 2 U... HAPPY B'DAY, H2... HAPPY B'DAY 2 U

Tomorrow is H2's birthday. We made pizza for him, Big Boy and his wife, and Major Dad, DLG and the kids last night to early celebrate. It was a good time, but they couldn't finish off the 8 pizzas in one sitting!!

Note to H1: Tomorrow is also Father's Day, and you know the only present I really like to get on Father's Day, so I'm expecting a picture of you sitting in a church in Houston!!!

KenEllie are on the 2nd day of a 2-day retreat. I hope they come back refreshed and spiritually renewed. The retreat is part of the Alpha course they, along with Linda and I, are attending. We weren't able to attend the retreat, with so much going on this weekend.

My leg continues to improve. We went to the Wound Care Clinic at Oschner this past Thursday. They said the "hole" looks good and is starting to fill in. The rest of the leg, although still quite red, looks much better, as well. The prognosis is that the redness will never go away completely. Perhaps I should start claiming that I am part Native American? Or perhaps that I am a Cincinnati Red's (short for "Redlegs") fan, but only partly?

I found out yesterday that another person on the project I work for is now in the hospital with the same problem I had. And another had a similar infection, but not so severe, and in his elbow! Hmmmm... And after my wound care appointment, Linda and I went into the hospital area to visit the director of the New Orleans deacon program who was hospitalized for the same infection, but in his foot rather than his whole leg! What is going on in this town???

I want to wish all the fathers out there a Happy Father's Day!! May the peace and joy of Christ be with you today and every day, and may He bless you abundantly with health and happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a very Happy Father's Day! I also wish H2 a fabulous B-day!
It's good to read about the leg improving and healing. Guess all those "Happy Thoughts" out there pouring in, helped fight the infection.
Best wishes to you and Major for this "Father's Day Weekend".

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Pizza was good, okay, great! Never knew "Red's" was short for redlegs. Interesting. You're work/infection story has me wondering - should we flee the city? Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Dean! I finally had a free moment to catch up on your blog. Lots of praying going on up here for you and our New Orleans family. To answer Patti's question - yes - you should flee and move back to NY!!!! That would be the greatest!

The pics of the leg are gruesome, but we Herrick's love that kind of thing!

I'm so happy to hear about the weight loss - keep it up! We are so proud of what a good sport you are through all of this.

By the way - Barnes and Noble online will ship your books right to your front door - usually in a day (and shipping is usually free!).

I love you, big brother, and hope for fast, fast recovery for you!

Lots of love - Laura