September 6, 2008

POLICE BRUTALITY!!!!!

We are home, once again! We returned Thursday, taking only eight hours to get home, rather than the 12 it took to get to Houston last Satruday.

Our homes are fine. All the food in the refrigerator and freezer was ok. The DVR even taped "Closer" Monday night, so we didn't miss an episode!

One of the pear trees is leaning quite a bit, so I'll have to work on that to give it better foundation, but they are all five standing.

The entire NOLA family is now back. Last night we cooked burgers and hot dogs and sausage so DLG and kids wouldn't have to deal with dinner when they arrived late yesterday evening.

Wednesday evening in Houston, we decided to go to Pappassito's for dinner. As we're driving down the 6-lane road, in the center lane, I notice a cop car coming up behind me with his lights flashing. I move over a lane to let him pass (although I didn't think he would) and he moved over behind me. Sigh. I knew I wasn't speeding, all my lights were working, so what gives? I pulled over into the next available parking lot and sat with window rolled down. The cop came over and asked if I knew why he had stopped me. I said, "No". He said that he had noticed I didn't have a front license plate (Texas does, Louisiana does not) and couldn't tell what kind of plate I had in the back. Right. I gave him my driver's license when he asked for it, then we all sat while he went back to his police cruiser and sat down inside and probably ran my license, hoping for some outstanding warrant. Finally he came back, handed it to me and said, "Have a nice trip HOME". Subtle, huh?

At least it gave us something to talk about at dinner besides Gustav and wondering how the return to NOLA would be. Thanks for that, I guess.

And, thanks to all for prayers, and emails, and phonecalls checking on our safety and whereabouts. God bless!!

3 comments:

H1 said...

It was a nice visit. Maybe he just didn't recognize Louisiana plates. I mean, the giant pelican in the center might not be a dead give away. Ha Ha ha.

Hannah said...

If didn't leave in silver bracelets, it was a good day. You guys are nothing but trouble!!

Louisiana Rose said...

Could it have been the Mexican we were hidin' in the back seat??