December 18, 2008

EIGHT DAYS A WEEK

It's finally here! We (KenEllie, MD/DLG, Linda and I) are going to the TSO concert at the Arena this evening. I'm expecting an awesome show! Last year we were in the "nose-bleeds" but this year were able to get floor seating.

It's been quite a week. Last Saturday the Archdiocese ordained 23 new permanent deacons, several of whom are close friends. Big J might remember Paul Augustin from working with us at SSC NOLA. This class had their ordination delayed by one year because of Katrina, so it was an especially nice event.

Saturday evening saw a visit by Auxiliary Bishop Shelton Favre (pronounced "fah-vre", not "farve") to our parish for 5PM Mass and reception following. Then I was "on deck" for 8AM and 11AM Masses on Sunday to preach. Through all this Linda was sick and didn't make it out of the house.

Friday we learned that the husband of a good friend (Linda's former "float lieutenant" from Cleopatra) had died. They didn't want a funeral, but asked if I might do a memorial service for him. We had the memorial on Tuesday afternoon. It hasn't been too long since Linda and I attended their 50th wedding anniversary party. Please pray for "Cleo", and for his family.

Tuesday evening Linda and I attended the Christmas party for the local chapter of the Catholic Daughters of America. It was held at De No's Seafood restaurant. The party was well attended, the food was great,and chatting with the ladies was very entertaining. I think Linda is going to join their group after the first of the year.

Since Tuesday was my birthday but it was pretty well taken with events, the family (Me, Linda, DLG and kids, KenEllie, and H2 (H2GF and Major Dad had to work)) all got together last night for a great Mexican dinner at TAQUERIA JALISCO in Terrytown. H2 got his usual "tongue" tacos. Dinner was excellent, as was the company. Thankfully nobody sang Happy Birthday! DLG and family gave me the Enya CD, And Winter Came, which I've been listening to all morning!

As you can see, it was a busy week, so far. I'm hoping for a quieter weekend, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As the season of Advent draws closer to Christmas, I wish you all a Joyous Christmas season. May we all REJOICE and give Thanks for the coming of our Savior. And may we prepare ourselves as we look forward to His return in Power and Glory... AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your CD (muchos gracias for the wish list) and dinner was great!!! Can't wait to see the show tonight!