May 24, 2011

SOMETHING TO READ IF YOU WERE LEFT BEHIND

I can hardly believe that May is almost over and the official start of hurricane season is just around the corner!!  Where does the time go?!?!

May is a busy month this year.  Mothers' Day, DLG's birthday, Molly-moo graduated from Pre-K and Ian graduates (TOMORROW) from high school!!!   DLG's birthday found Linda and I with the granddaughters for the weekend.  We certainly enjoyed having them over!!  Linda was able to attend Molly's ceremony and thoroughly enjoyed that, as well.  Tomorrow evening will bring the whole family together (yay!!) for the next few days.  We're really looking forward to everyone being in town.

May also signaled the start of my summer class "Faith and Science".  This should be the last formal class I need for my degree.  Next will be the 4 comprehensive exams and, hopefully, graduation next May.  Hopefully this will bring to an end what turned into a career move, having taken almost 10 years to finish, with breaks for Katrina, the cancellation of the program at Notre Dame seminary, the start of a new program at Our Lady of Holy Cross College, and the program moving from OLHCC back to NDS.  It's been a long haul, but worth it for what I've learned about my chosen faith, the people I've met and the experiences we've shared along the way.

Please continue to pray for the families recently devastated by the tornado in Joplin, MO, and for all the families suffering from the flooding Mississippi and its tributaries.  And don't forget Japan and Haiti and the souls of the faithful departed,  too!!

God's blessings to all!!!

1 comment:

BigJ said...

Geez! I keep waiting on an update to Life on the Ledge, but it doesn't seem forthcoming. :>(