May 20, 2007

JUST CATCHING UP...

Another week down here at Oschner. Although there is still some disagreement between the teams, the leg is, hopefully, getting better. The growing consensus is that there is more than just cellulitis going on. It looks like poor circulation in the lower legs is complicating matters. Regardless, what everyone does agree on is that it’s going to be a long, slow healing process. Depending on how the leg looks tomorrow, the Internal Medicine team may ask for a consult with Rheumatology and Dermatology. We’ll see how that goes.

Yesterday the surgeons decided to take a “punch biopsy” of the leg while it was uncovered. They administered some lidocaine, then started to take the biopsy. It was going ok until suddenly I felt a sharp pain and jumped. The doctor says, “Oh. I must not have gone deep enough with the lidocaine.” Heck of a time to find out, if you ask me!!!

This has been a big week for the Spinney family. 8th grade graduation on Monday had Ian walking away with almost all the achievement awards. He was class valedictorian. Then Wednesday it was a repeat for kindergarten graduation, this time BB scooping up one award after another. Congrats to both of you!! We’re all really proud of you!

In looking back over my last couple of blogs I see that I forgot to mention that last Saturday, the 12th, I was totally blown away when into my room comes H1 and DIL1!! I got choked up that they had made the trip to NOLA, yet again, to see how I was doing.

I guess that’s about it… I’ll get back to reruns of Cheers.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers. Keep them coming!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

If it wasn't for my danged job, we would have been there again this weekend too! We hope you feel better real soon and love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

I need you to get better, dammit!!! I finally took a week off and need someone to go to "the shed" with. Hurry!!!!

H1 said...

It was definitely worth the trip to see how you were doing. We miss you!