Choose Life

H1, H2, & Big Boy Life on the (L)edge

Begun in the aftermath of Katrina, this blog was a way to keep family and friends updated as the family struggled to return to a semblance of normalcy. Now, more than four years later, the memories are still strong, the family is, to some extent, scattered. However, life did go on, and this is our story.

May 2, 2007


All right, all right! It’s been a whole week since my last blog! Hey, a lot’s been going on. Linda is home. She started work Monday. Our semi-automated check-in/check-out system didn’t work, as usual. The guards at the gate had no idea she was arriving (she was supposed to be on a list they get daily of anticipated visitors). It took two whole days to complete what should have been done before she ever arrived. Yesterday she finally got an ID badge.

I had to deliver the homily at all three Masses this past weekend. That is always an exhausting experience. Apparently it went well, as no one threw tomatoes or eggs or anything, and I didn’t notice any walk-outs.

Sunday afternoon we gathered at P&J’s for a barbecue. It was AWESOME!!! Major Dad cooked up some really, REALLY delicious beef brisket, and pork ribs. He also made potato salad (my personal favorite) and guacamole (also, my personal favorite) and we had Chantilly Berry Cake from Wholefoods Market. That is possibly the BEST cake in the whole world. Fr. Joseph and Fr. John joined us as we “officially” welcomed Linda home, for good.

Patti played hookie from her work on Monday. We had a nice lunch at Café Roma, a place near work. We were joined by Linda and Big J, and Major Dad stopped by and had iced tea with us.

I went with H2 to see his IDD(1). He is seriously anemic! That’s what’s causing him to be so weak and tired all the time. She took him off the Zyvox (sp?), finally! That’s supposed to let his bone marrow get back to work and he should perk up considerably. He still can’t return to work for two more weeks. That puts him at about 7 months he’s been out now, for something that should have been a couple of weeks!!

KenEllie began moving in to their new apartment on Tuesday. The former tenants did a pretty poor job of cleaning, so unfortunately KenEllie had to do some cleaning first. Ellie’s Mom and Dad helped get them started settling in. I hope they will be happy in the new location.

Please pray for “Mr. Brain”. We saw Tess at church without him. Turns out he has suffered some sort of set-back and is back in the hospital for tests. Keep Brian, Tess and their whole family in your prayers.

God be with you as we continue on through this Easter season toward Pentecost.


Post a Comment

<< Home