May 25, 2007

THANK YOU!!

Hooray!! I'm home... and I'm CLEAN!!!!! You cannot imagine how much dead skin accumulates over a 19 day period, not to mention the SMELL! Yuck! Linda and the kids have been really tolerant of my lack of personal hygiene. Love is Grand!!

I came home Wednesday evening. That was interesting in itself. Linda drove me home through a rainstorm that let up as we got to the front of the house. I rode in the back seat with my leg propped up on the seat. Once I got out of the car I managed to struggle up onto the sidewalk, next to the 522 side gate, but had to have a chair brought out so I could sit down. The world was spinning around and I was getting sick to my stomach.

After some water and a few minutes sitting, I stood again, took the walker and headed to the 524 side gate. As I got through the gate I had to quickly sit down again. This time it took about 1/2 hour before I could attempt the steps. Thank God the rain didn't start again. Once in the house I quickly "assumed the position" (sitting with leg propped up HIGH) and ate some toast with blackberry jam from Brother Juniper's Restaurant in Memphis. The toast helped to settle my stomach.

Left to myself during the day, I'm forced to get up to go to the bathroom, or get a drink, or get something to eat. I'm noticing that I can put more pressure on the leg, which is good. It still has an open wound, about 2 inch hole that's at least an inch deep. Linda is an angel as she puts up with my whining while she dresses the wounds and wraps the leg. I know I'm NOT a good patient.

The worst part of this whole ordeal is that we had to cancel our family outing to Deal's Gap in July. It will have to wait until I'm completely healed and have time to build up more vacation time at work. Heavy sigh!

Once again I thank everyone, family and friends and prayer warriors for the love and encouragement that has been showered on me over the past three weeks. Your support has meant more than you can imagine. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Take care, and God Bless You!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy to know you are home and feeling...Clean! I can just imagine all of your readers trying to not envision what your words made me picture!! Not for the faint of heart (or stomach). Anyway, sorry about Deal's Gap but that means I have another chance to go with you next year!! Maybe on my own bike?? hehe

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

It was so good to see you at home. I'm sure you'll be up and moving soon...maybe you can have lunch with me at work!

Hannah said...

Nothing feels better than clean. I am glad to hear you are home and feeling better. We miss you and love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home...but, I'll be even more glad when you're back to work. I miss my lunch buddy!

Big J