May 29, 2007

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY LEG THAT CAN ONLY BE FILLED BY YOU... *

* with apologies to Extreme!

Sniff, sniff!! I just called the lodge in NC to cancel our reservations for July... So sad!

The physical therapist came again today. She came on Friday and gave me some exercises to do to keep my ankle limber. Since then I've been putting more and more weight on the bad leg, and using the walker less. She was pretty impressed! She had me walk to the back of the house and back to the front, then we went down the front steps (using the folded up walker for support). Then a stroll to the corner of Seguin and Alix streets, CARRYING the walker while I tried to walk as normal as possible. Doing pretty darn good, I think! Still, the hole in my leg (CAUTION, not for the squeamish!!) hasn't gotten noticeably smaller yet, and I can feel it being pulled on when my calf muscle stretches in my right leg.

BB had her dance recital last night, which I missed. I'm told that she did very well. Patti managed to secure up front and center seats for the whole family, so I'm sure that Ian enjoyed watching all these lithe and limber young ladies as they performed!

I hope I can return to work sooner than later. If not, I'll have to try to work from home, and I'm not sure I have the self discipline needed to be truly as productive as I should. I guess time will tell.

So many movies... so little time! I want to see POTC 3, Shrek 3, Knocked Up, and several others that are coming out this summer. Most of the family has already seen Pirates, and some have seen the new Shrek. I'm falling behind!

Please continue with prayers for a speedy recovery.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Ewwwh. Glad you are feeling better and glad to hear you are being a "trooper" about it. But ewwh. hehe Love you bunches!!

H1 said...

Definitely glad to hear you are feeling better. Nice picture too. And I guess it's true, a picture is worth 1000 words. I don't think you could have described the wound well enough. Ha Ha ha!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Wow, sounds like you are really improving...is your PT hot? (Just kidding mom) Get better so you can come have lunch with me!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I hope that the road to recovery continues and that the love that each and every one of your loved ones sends you continues to give you strength.

Sorry to hear that the H-clan family trip had to be canceled for now. Perhaps it's a "blessing in disguise". The FL1 family trip seemed to have a little black cloud linger over us, but it was really nice to have all 4 nephews at a place where I have soooo many fond childhood memories.

I continue to send "Happy Get-Well Thoughts" your way!