July 23, 2007

GUESS WHO DIED IN HP # 7???*

*Psyche!! I'm not telling!!

I managed to get to the Harry Potter "Party" at Barnes & Noble last Friday. I arrived at a little past 10PM. KenEllie and DIL2's SIL-O and kids-O had arrived at 5:30. DLG, BB and Ian at 6PM. There were a lot of kids AND adults in costume, including (as one might expect) many of the store personnel. BB looked really cute as Hermoine. Ian was his usual self as a slightly disinterested muggle, I guess.
The books went on sale at 12:01AM and thanks to DLG's early arrival I was back in my car and headed home by 12:05. By 12:15 I was home and headed for bed.

Saturday I began reading the book, but had to stop early so Linda and I could head to Slidell for Mass and then dinner with Big J and his wife. We had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again. Perhaps next time J and J will come to the W. Bank for church and dinner.

After arriving home at around 8-ish, I continued reading until 1:30AM. Finally, Sunday afternoon I finished the book! It was really good (as expected)! I won't reveal the ending or plot twists, as several family members are at various stages of reading the book. DLG finished, and we had a nice HP chat over lunch today. I'm really looking forward to sitting down with everyone else to get their opinions, as well. DLG agreed with me that the book could make a really good movie. I just hope that, it being the last of the series, whoever directs will take the same tack as that of the third LOTR, and make the movie long enough to include all the major plot elements.

DIL2 is going to start reading book 1, so hopefully DIL1 will take the hint and give it a chance, as well. Although the movies were good, and provide a pretty good story line, there is SO much more in the books!

And how about Atlanta's new poster boy for the ASPCA, Michael Vick? Imagine a pit bull, dangling by his teeth from MV's groin area. Justice served!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Fine, I guess I am going to have to read the series. You guys are killing me (you know I hate being out of the loop!!). hehe

Hope you are doing better and feeling better!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Had a great time at lunch discussing THE BOOK. Glad I skipped a meeting to spend time with you!

Anonymous said...

I tried reading the books, but just lost interest ... enjoyed the first 2 movies more than the 3rd. It's good that you all are enjoying the new HP book. I'm sure it makes for a good family bonding experience.

If the pit-bull dangles and then dismembers M.V. THEN, justice may be served! (don't get this animal lover started)

Hope you are starting to feel better ... "happy get-well thoughts" continue to be sent your way!