July 10, 2007

HAS ANYONE SEEN MY MIND? I SEEM TO HAVE MISPLACED IT.

I think I just might have lost my mind... If you see one laying around, it's probably mine. Major Dad is OOT (Out Of Town) this week for a school the sheriff's office sent him to. Molly's sitter is not available for the next 4 days, so DLG would have to take vacation from her new job. In a brief moment of weakness I mentioned that I could babysit, since I'm home anyway. So-o-o-o, tomorrow I head over to DLG's house to watch the kids! Wish me luck! Lots of prayers are in order, too.

I bought tickets to see the 5th Harry Potter movie tomorrow. The rest of the family is going Friday night, but Linda will be babysitting to allow them all to go, so we're going tomorrow. It should be interesting. If you read the books, they seem to be getting darker and darker, as you may have noticed also in the first 4 movies. Each one was less light-hearted than the previous.

In a couple more weeks the 7th and last book will be released. I'm anxious to read it, but sorry to see the series come to an end. I hear that Disney (which I think is some sort of mouse language for "Devil") is going to lock up all the Harry Potter movies in their vault until the next one comes out. So if you don't already own 1 - 4, you probably won't be able to purchase them anymore until all seven are out. There should be two more movies to go along with the last two books.

KenEllie's kitten, Tinky-bot (don't ask, I don't know), is sick with an upper respiratory infection and apparently a tapeworm. Poor little kitty. She's really cute, and KenEllie just LOVE her!! Here's hoping she has a speedy recovery.

Prayers are requested for H2, for myself, and for the special intentions of SIL-O (That's Sister-in-Law in Orlando, in case you forgot)who has asked especially for prayers for friends of hers. I also ask for prayers for all the members of my diaconate community, many of whom are either ill themselves, or have family members that are ill.

Take care, and God bless you!

1 comment:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Thanks so much for watching the kids - you're an awesome pawpaw!!! Can't wait to see Harry & Co. kick magical butt!!! Book 7 is out in 10 days - I too am excited and sad. I heard Hermoine will walk into the Wizard's tavern and then the last 10 pages will be blank!