July 19, 2007

STUPEFY!!!*

*For all you HP fans.

SIL-O called to ask what was up since the doctor visit on Monday. I guess I need to be more proactive with my updates. I have a staff infection. I'm now taking zyvox and cipro for two weeks, and treating the open wound with bactraban. WE are also having to swab our nostrils with bactraban twice a day for 5 days to stave off any further infections. Tons o' fun!!

Wednesday was Ian's birthday. I can hardly believe that the boy is 14!! He wanted to go to Hooters for his b'day dinner. I can't imagine WHAT he might have found interesting there!

After dinner we went back to his home for a lovely dessert of Berry Chantilly cake from Whole Foods Market. It was delicious, as usual!

Tonight is going to be midnight madness at all the bookstores in the area. DLG and family should already be at our local Barnes & Noble bookstore ready for the sale of the 7th, and last, Harry Potter book which goes on sale at 12:01AM. BB is made up to be Hermoine Granger!

Linda and I are going to try to join Big J and his lovely wife, Janet, for church services tomorrow in Slidell. We're really looking forward to it. We've tried to plan it for quite awhile now, but it's difficult as I'm usually scheduled to be at Holy Name of Mary every weekend. Since the leg issue is keeping me from serving at HNM, this is a good time to go somewhere else for a change.

Word to the wise, baby oil is NOT the recommended suntan enhancer of choice. This pearl of wisdom comes to you from our very own KenEllie!! 'Nough said! Also, a special congrats to Kenny for getting into it with a submerged tree, and winning.

Wishing everyone a great weekend! Take care and God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch.....

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Can't leave comment, too busy reading!!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Can't wait to chat!!! What a great book!