July 12, 2007

WHATCHA THINK?!?

We went to see HPATOOTP last night... It was a very nice time. Anticipating big crowds I went early to get in line, and Linda came straight from work. DLG was good enough to get off work just a bit early so I could get to the theater. Arriving about 45 minutes before "show time" (actually before the beginning of about 10 coming attractions) I had about 20 people ahead of me. Linda arrived just before the doors were opened. There turned out to be a good crowd, but the theater wasn't as full as it will probably be on Friday or Saturday.

I'm not going to comment on the movie yet, as the rest of the family is going Friday night. All I will say is that I am interested in hearing comments from two categories of movie goers, those who have read the Harry Potter book, and those who have not. Tell me what you think of the movie.

Once again LA politics is heaped in scandal. A few years ago it was Bob Livingston for "marital indescretions", then more recently William Jefferson for allegedly accepting bribes and power brokering, and now David Vitter, following in Bob Livington's footsteps.

As for Vitter, it's a darned shame on several levels. First, having already regretted his actions, and having already confessed them to his wife, and having already gone through marriage counseling, and the both of them having already weathered this storm, it's sad that these wounds will now be reopened to the family and the press, having sunk their teeth in, will now hold on with the tenacity of a bulldog. Second, it's sad that the reputation of a man who has tried to do his best for Louisiana since being elected to first the U.S. House, and then the Senate, is being dragged through the mud for events that occurred and were dealt with before he was elected to those offices, by perhaps the undisputed King of smut peddlers, Larry Flynt, a man who has made millions catering to men's most base desires. Third, it's sad that the credibility of someone who I voted for because he shares the same views that I do has been tarnished.

It almost makes me wish that Anna Nicole or Paris Hilton were back in the forefront again... I said "ALMOST"!!

Speaking of being the murder capital of the U.S., it seems that the New Orleans DA's office just released a man accused of murdering 5 teenagers not long ago. There was only one witness who they couldn't find. Of course, once the New Orleans police department learned of his release and why, it took them all of TWO HOURS to locate the witness, who indicated a willingness, even a desire, to testify!! God, I LOVE this town!!

As always, take care and may God bless you in abundance!!

1 comment:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

1. Thanks for holding off on HP, I can't wait to go see it!
2. My beef with Vitter is his "family values" hypocracy, but we don't need to go there now. (I don't think many family members agree with my views in that area) I agree he has "done right by LA" in other areas.
3. At least the feds are on the ball and were still holding him on weapons charges. Can you imagine someone like that back out on the streets and knowing it's because the witness is too scared to talk? I'm glad he/she is willing to testify.