February 7, 2007

IT AIN'T GONNA BE A GOOD DAY!!!

I ordered three portable air conditioners and accessories for work. Yesterday they arrived via FedEx, a day earlier than expected. This was great, because they are for extra cooling in one of the server rooms that can't handle the load since we added our servers to it.

Anyway, the packing slip on the pallet said there were 16 pieces. After unbanding and unshrinkwrapping the pallet, I counted only 13 boxes. I placed a call to the vendor who assured me that all was ok and that once I opened all the boxes, all the pieces would be there.

This morning, as we prepared to move the boxes from SSC, where I work, to the Port, which is across town, I noticed that none of the boxes weighed more than a few pounds. NONE of them! Each of the portable A/C units should weigh 110 pounds. I think I found out what didn't arrive yesterday! Let's see... 13 boxes + 3 A/C units = 16 pieces!!! OUCH!!!

Now I'm trying to get the vendor hot on tracking down the missing pieces. Everything has to be assembled and installed by tomorrow!

Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue... or Dean.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Sounds like a Monday .. on a Wednesday. Dang.