February 4, 2007

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of FAJITAS? CARNITAS?

Allllllllllll Righty, then!! Dinner Friday night was GREAT! It was a family gathering (and we DID miss H1/DIL1 immensely) at Eastern restaurant. H2 ordered the "sushi special" which was HUGE! He finished it all, with a little help from Ian and LDB (little drummer boy, aka Ken of KenEllie). We even let H2 have one glass of plum wine, since he is off the antibiotics all weekend.
Molly was just cute and adorable all evening. Linda was holding her and she kept looking at me and looking away. I commented that it almost looked like she was checking to see if I was still there, hoping that I wasn't. Finally, Linda handed her to me. As soon as I picked her up, she looked me square in the face and began to scream at the top of her little lungs!! Needless to say, she went back to Grandma immediately!

Saturday the home health nurse came by and hooked H2 up to his fluid IV. Later we all joined P&J, Ian, BB and Molly at Caretta's Mexican Restaurant for a late lunch. They were not crowded so we were seated immediately and once again had a great time. It's really good to see H2 up and around and able to enjoy himself somewhat.

And just to cap off the day, I was serving at 5PM Mass at HNM. I processed down the aisle, holding the Book of the Gospels. Once I got to the sanctuary and turned around, I saw Keith and Chris in the congregation!! What a surprise! They had come in from Slidell to visit the D-Day Museum and decided to hop over the bridge and come to Mass. After Mass they came over to the house for some coffee and we chatted for several hours. H2 joined us, and it was hysterical, as everyone shared surgical war stories!! H2 invited Chris to go with him to get tattoos to cover up their surgical scars! Like we all agreed, if you don't laugh, it'll make you cry!

LDB has a mustache and goatee and looks quite distinguished! I don't think LE(Ellie of KenEllie) is too fond of it. H2 has been getting shaggier and shaggier, so he finally shave all but a goatee. He looks pretty good, too! Of course he'll have to shave it for his next opportunity to interview with ICE.

Finally, if you're interested in some wholesome Catholic Christian music to soothe that savage beast in you, let me introduce you to Kitty Cleveland. She is a New Orleans native who, I believe, now lives on the North Shore. She has devoted her gift of a voice like an angel to serving our Lord. I hope you like.

Please keep us in your prayers, as you are in ours. God's blessings be on you and your families, friends and neighbors.

3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Dinner was great, lunch too. Sorry I missed Keith and Chris - always a fun time when they're around!

Hannah said...

Eating without us, eh?? For shame. hehe Sounds like we missed a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear the H2 is out and about ... feeling better.
YIPEEE!

It's good to hear that the NOLA "H" family is back to making memorable moments, but I am certain they are missing their H-town counterparts.

"Happy thoughts" for H2!